Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tip of the Week: Understand Personal Importance

This week's tip is to understand why family history is important to you!


Family history is important to me because:


1. I want to offer my deceased ancestors every opportunity that the gospel offers me.
"Many of your ancestors died never having the chance to accept the gospel and to receive the blessings and promises you have receive. The Lord is fair and loving. And so He prepared for you and me a way for us to have the desire of our hearts offer to our ancestors all the blessings He has offered us." -Henry B. Eyring, "Hearts Bound Together," Ensign, May 2005

2. I want to try to eliminate the influence of the adversary in my life.
"Do you young people want a sure way to eliminate the influence of the adversary in your life?
"Immerse yourself in searching for your ancestors, prepare their names for the sacred vicarious ordinances available in the temple, and then go to the temple to stand as proxy for them to receive the ordinances of baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost. As you grow older, you will be able to participate in receiving the other ordinances as well. I can think of no greater protection from the influence of the adversary in your life." -Richard G. Scott, "The Joy of Redeeming the Dead,Ensign, October 2012

3. I want to strengthen my testimony.

"I invite the young people of the Church to learn about and experience the Spirit of Elijah...As you respond in faith to this invitation, your hearts shall turn to the fathers...Your love and gratitude for your ancestors will increase. Your testimony of and conversion to the Savior will become deep and abiding." -David A. Bednar, "The Hearts of the Children Shall Turn," Ensign, October 2011




I promise that you can understand why family history is important to you, you will begin to recognize  more blessings in your life and in the lives of those you love. Your testimony will grow and you will be able to be a better example to everyone around you. 


Matthew 16:19
1 Peter 4:6
Malachi 4:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment